The parish offers an annual programme of preparation for children baptised as infants who wish to complete their initiation into the Catholic Church.
As is customary in Birmingham Archdiocese the programme is designed for children who will be confirmed when they are in Year 6 and older.
Usually these candidates will have celebrated their first communion in Year 3, but if they have not done so, they can prepare for Confirmation and Eucharist together.
Come, Holy Spirit, fill the hearts of Your faithful
and enkindle in them the fire of your Love.
V. Send forth your Spirit and they shall be created.
R. And You shall renew the face of the earth.
There are two tracks for the preparation.
The first is for children not at Catholic schools.
The second is for those children in the parish primary school, St Nicholas.
- The application form for all children to be prepared for confirmation can be collected at Sunday Mass. (Application form is for all participating families)
- The 2021/22 timetable is in preparation. It will take into account the current health crisis and social distancing requirements. Although it will be significantly different to previous year's timetable (not least because the preparation will not begin until after September) details of last year's timetable is provided here for reference.
- Details of some resources recommended for use by parents (and also the form for suggesting themes for the optional reflection sessions being offered to parents of confirmation age children and others.)
- Application form for the parish programme
- Introductory meeting for parents. Monday 12th July at 7.30pm: Join Zoom Meeting here
- Timetable for children not in Catholic school (details awaited)
- Additional whole parish programme
- Volunteer for for parish ministry
Our parish programme is open to all children but is designed for those who have been baptised in the Catholic Church and have been attending Sunday Mass in the parish church each week over the past year. Children who do not meet these criteria usually take part in a preliminary programme, before joining the programme.
If your children are not baptised in the Catholic Church, or attending Mass weekly, attach an account of your circumstances to the application form, and submit it as soon as possible, so that we can arrange to meet and discuss things in good time before the programme begins.