Our parish rejoices in the number and diversity of its families.
Much support for families is provided through parish networks, not least through the parish catechetical programmes and, for many, through the parish school.
For many people their principal vocation is as parents and leaders of the domestic church. It is there that they have the unique privilege of offering support to each other and their children in living and passing on the faith.
Over the coming months it is hoped to offer more support and encouragement to parents through developing parent/toddler group, and opportunities for Moms and Dads to come together to relax together and offer each other the support and encouragement that often makes all the difference.
If you would like to be part of the organising group then please see Fr Allen. There will not be a great deal of work involved, just helping with the coordination and welcoming of the first meetings, and then we'll see where we go with things from there.
- The Catholic Truth Society has produced a booklet which many parents have found helpful. Faith in the Family is available for sale in the porch and from Fr Allen.
- Guidance on bringing infants to Mass is offered here.
- A resource to help when bringing older children to Mass is offered here.
- Guidance on praying as a family is available here
- A reflection from a recent World meeting of Families is available here.